Importing templates, received message: Unknown macro: {rss}

Deleted user March 4, 2012

A day ago I instantiated my Confluence On Demnd site. I was following start up instru tions, and went to the suggestion for important teamplates. I had access to eight of them, one on RSS feeds. Once Imported, I reviewed each one and saw the error message

Unknown macro: {rss}

when I tried to review this template.

What do I need to do to fix this issue so I can use the RSS News Feed template? Suggestions appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Hi Michael,

The RSS macro is part of the Confluence HTML Macros plugin and unfortunately OnDemand doesn't include this plugin for security reasons. I'm not quite sure if there is a way to work around this as the other options that spring to mind would be to use one of the other HTML macros to embed a different feed reader or use a different RSS plugin - but you can't do either with OnDemand.

EDIT: It might be possible to use the Widget Connector Macro - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Widget+Connector+Examples - with one of the RSS Google Gadgets - http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open&q=rss - to display a feed with OnDemand, though I did try about half a dozen of them and couldn't get them to render properly.
Only other thing I can think of is contacting support@atlassian.com to ask if it's possible to enable the RSS macro on your OnDemand instance and/or ask for roadmap/timescales for when (if at all) this functionality might be made available.
Sorry I couldn't think of a better solution. Hope that's of some help?
Andrew.
0 votes
Deleted user March 18, 2012

I am satisfied with the resolution of this question.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Hi Michael,

If you're satisifed with the resolution could you mark my answer as correct by clicking the tick mark next to my answer please?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events