I'm an admin, trying to move a task on the board to "in progress", will not allow me however I can move the same task into "complete"? What am I missing?

Deleted user February 5, 2013

I am the admin, working in an active sprint, I cannot move a task into "in progress" from "not started".

I can move it to "complete".

What setting is preventing me from moving a task into "in progress" but will still allow me to move to "complete"?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

I'd check for workflow conditions in you r case the transition from "not started" to "in progress". If it's a copy of the default workflow maybe you'll encouter a condition like "just current assignee" ...
Cheers Christian

Deleted user February 5, 2013

Thank you, I went into admin, opened the workflow in Edit, and found the preceeding task was only configable by the assignee. I deleted the condition and published. It asked to back up the previous workflow (?) so I said yes, and now I have a new workflow entitled "copy of...". I'm not certain why I would need the previous workflow or how I would use it, concerned that I'm making a sloppy database for my projects with "copy of..." workflows taking up space.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

That feature just gives you the opportunity to backup your old workflow ... I f you don't need it I'd delete the copy since it's messing up you system (e.g. field configurations since screens have been doubled...)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events