I keep getting redirected to login page for confluence

Dragica Soldo September 17, 2012

I am evaluating different versions of confluence, and I have successfully installed and run zipped version of confluence standalone 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 When I tried the same for 4.1.2 I couldn't get passed the login page. I've followed the tutorial for installation, the same as for other two versions but when I come to starting using confluence I am always redirected to login page. When I try non existing user I get the message that user/password is not valid, but for admin/admin (or whatever other user I set previously) I get empty login fields shown again with no additional message displayed. Same happens for included as well as for external mysql database that I use.

Most interesting thing is that now the same happens for other two (4.2.1 and 4.2.2 installations as well) and I can not log in there as well.

Any help will be most appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lucas Molenaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012
  1. Clear browsers cache
  2. Close/reopen browser
  3. Please remove the trailing "?os_destination=%2Fhomepage.action" (or similar) from the URL and reload the page
  4. Login
0 votes
behzad khosa April 9, 2014

I was having exact same issue with IE, even clearing the cache didn't work. Tried Google Chrome and it worked the first time. Thanks for the information in this thread!

0 votes
Dragica Soldo October 9, 2012

Thanks for the answers, they where most helpful. Clearing locally stored browser data solved the problem.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Hi, have you tried another browser? I've had this happen due to browser caching. You could clear cookies etc and try again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events