Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to repair the broken upgrade? Is a downgrade possible?

Administrator October 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: After upgrading to JIRA Service Desk 3.2.0, Service Desk project's navigation bar shows

The wiki just states what would have been the proper way, but not how to get out of the exact situation – Thanks for help!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2016

No, you need to restore the filesystem and the database backup you did, and do it right. If you advise how it broke, what you missed, what errors you are seeing, what you tried before starting this thread, we might be able to help you through it.

Administrator October 9, 2016

Grrr, okay I'll rollback (including loss of a bit of work)... I think it would be nice to put that piece of information in a prominent way to the JIRA 7 Migration Hub, that was the guide I was following, and I couldn't find a link to Upgrade Notes, or a statement saying that it would be wise not to directly upgrade to 7.2... Either way thanks for your fast answer!

0 votes
Tim Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2017

The KB article "Resolution" was to upgrade to at least JIRA 7.0.x with Service Desk 3.0.x before upgrading to JIRA 7.2.x with Service Desk 3.2.x.

• This has been changed to "Prevention"

The steps that were originally under the "Workaround" are now the "Resolution" as these steps will resolve the issue.

0 votes
ChrisV October 19, 2016

I ran into this same problem, and for what it's worth, replacing the JSD 3.2 .jars with the JSD 3.0 .jars from a fresh download, rebooting, then "installing" appears to have triggered the missing upgrade tasks. Probably not in any way recommended but as this is a test instance and I didn't have enough time to re-run two upgrades along with the re-applying customisations in place each time it seemed worth the risk. No ill signs yet either.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

Hi Chris

Do you remember which jars you exactly took from the 3.0 version?

I got those by unpacking the atlassian-servicedesk-3.0.11-x64.bin install file :

• jira-servicedesk-3.0.10.jar
  • jira-servicedesk-application-3.0.11.jar
  • servicedesk-automation-modules-plugin-1.2.12.jar
  • servicedesk-automation-plugin-1.2.12.jar
  • servicedesk-project-ui-plugin-3.0.10.jar

0 votes
juliusson October 18, 2016

I have a similar problem. But the rollback did not help me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events