Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the footer in Confluence " Powered by Atlassian Confluence 5.X.X, Team Collaboration Software Report a bug Atlassian News"

timerons April 3, 2014

Hi

I like Confluence, but the Confluence footer it too much of the good..... ;-) Sometimes we use it on the Beamer, an there it taks too much space.

Do you know how we remove the foolter: "Powered by Atlassian Confluence 5.X.X, Team Collaboration Software Report a bug Atlassian News"

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

Yes, but it's illegal for you to do it. The text "Powered by Atlassian Confluence", with the link behind it must NOT be removed. It's in your licence agreement.

You can shorten it or add stuff if you want. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Edit+the+Footer+in+Confluence

timerons April 3, 2014

Hi thanks,

ohhhh, i did not know. thanks for your answer. i personaly thinks, as paying customer, i like to be able to remove it. as i told, on a beamer with low resolution, it it wast of screen space.

thanks again for your fast anwer. bye

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

Nope, you can't remove it. Atlassian might grant some exceptions, but you'd need their permission.

Deleted user June 30, 2014

Hi,

please let me get back on this topic: to me the footer is looking just far to space consuming! No problem if there is a link or something, but it should be less screen-consuming. Currently (confluence 5.5.2) the footer is bigger than the menue-bar or header of the page.

As Confluence is a Wiki and therefore a information management tool it would be a good idea to give information as much room as possible. In my eyes its a waste of space and I got asked to remove it (!) for this reason which is neither "legal" nor necessary if Atlassian would reduce the footer area.

Any other comments or even change-requests on that? And if I wanted to change that, how would I do this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2014

Same answer.

It is illegal for you to remove it. If this is so critical, contact Atlassian and see if they'll change your contract. Or see the link I already gave about editing it.

Ziembad February 23, 2017

If it's "illegal" to remove, can't it at least be made to scroll with the page instead of taking up 1/8 of the vertical screen space?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2017

Your quote marks make me suspect that you don't understand the contract you have agreed to.

It's not 1/8 of a page, it's a small bar near the bottom.

jtcorwi March 11, 2020

Driving 1 mph over the speed limit is illegal and yet...

1 vote
Deleted user July 2, 2014
As admin add
body.theme-documentation #footer { 
    max-height: 27px !important; 
}

to the custom stylesheet to reduce the height. This should be legal.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2015

Yup, as long as it is visible and legible.

KM June 3, 2015

Works well, thanks! Confluence 5.7, the custom stylesheet of the wikispace. Similarly, the header can be reduced by body.theme-documentation #header { max-height: 32px !important; } However, that only reduces unused header (top bar) space from its bottom. I did not find a way to reduce the unusued header space at the top of the header (above the texts).

Mikael Mikkola September 23, 2015

When I add this to Stylesheet body.theme-documentation #footer { max-height: 27px !important; } (or 22px is best and !important; is not needed) the footer becomes smaller, as desired. But there is an unpleasant side-effect: When I click the time-stamp of a comment (so that I get "?focusedCommentId=18402943#comment-18402943" after the URL), the top bar disappears (at the end of the rendering of the page)! (Even if the page is so low that there is no need.) The same also happens if I click a comment from “Recently Updated Dashboard” items list or copy-paste the focusedCommentId URL.) (If I have logged into Confluence admin, so that there is the big yellow "drop administrator rights" panel above the top bar, then just part of that panel disappears and not the top bar.) IE9 & IE11. On Firefox 31.7.0 this only happens when I click the same time stamp again (not on the first time but on the 2th, 3th etc. time). This is not terribly bad, as you get the top bar back by clicking a link. But somewhat bad for beginner users.

Mikael Mikkola October 13, 2015

body.theme-documentation #footer { max-height: 37px !important; } is a reasonable compromize: I get a bit more vertical size for the space, but when I click a comment or an anchor or the like, most of the header won't disappear. But this bug is still annoying, as it makes us non-illucrative to get the remaining 37-22=15px vertical space.

0 votes
Karl FURGEROT November 14, 2014

it doesn't work for me on the version 5.6.3...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events