Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get e-mail notification on failed builds

AmitB September 4, 2012

We are using svn and would like to set up notifications such that whenever a build breaks, the user that commited the change that broke the build will get an e-mail. I set up First Failed Job For Plan for a specific bamboo user successfully, but I would to send the e-mail to the commiter (svn user), not a bamboo user. How do I link e-mail addresses to svn commiters? When I set up the notification to Committers (users who have committed to the build) instead of a specific bamboo user, it does not work.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Try associating their repo username with their Bamboo user. A user can edit their profile (click the dropdown arrow next to your name in the upper right while logged in to Bamboo), select Profile, Edit Profile, and try setting the Source Repository Alias. This should let the committer user be associated with a Bamboo user and thus their email.

AmitB September 4, 2012

We have more svn users than bamboo users. Is there a way to link an e-mail address to a svn user with being a bamboo user?

0 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

If you meant 'without' being a Bamboo user, then I'm not aware of how to do that. I believe you need to have a user set up, wther or not someone actually uses it, to tie a source repo alias (SVN user) to an account with an email address. You can link multiple aliases (SVN usernames) to a single Bamboo user account in case that scenario helps you at all.

AmitB September 4, 2012

I mean we have 5 bamboo users and about 20 svn users. How do I link multiple svn users to a single bamboo user? Can I then set up a separate e-mail for each svn user, or is it tied to the original single bamboo user?

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

In the Edit Profile section for a Bamboo user, they can associate multiple SVN aliases using the Source Repo Alias field. You can only have 1 email for each Bamboo user.

AmitB September 5, 2012

We have bamboo linked to Jira, on which we do have users for each developer. Is there a way to open a new Jira issue to a Jira user linked to the commiter once a build is broken?

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

You can use the Create issue action to create a JIRA issue but you would have to set the assignee manually from within JIRA.

AmitB September 8, 2012

How can I create an issue automatically based on a build result as part of the build script? I can only see how to do it manually after the build is done.

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

You can create a JIRA issue in a Script task by using JIRAs REST API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events