How to enable sso for new users coming from AD sync to jira automatically

charan kumar August 10, 2022

Hello team
Jira and AD have been connected, and AD user provisioning groups have been created. that AD groups were added as default groups for product access. Therefore, if we add any user to AD, that user will gain access to Jira and Confluence. However, they do not receive the SSO feature. I noticed the authentication policy, however we must manually add users to it. I don't want to carry things out by hand. Once a user is added to an AD group, SSO and jira access are automatically granted to them. Would you kindly consider my request?

1 answer

1 vote
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Hi Charan, I encourage you to look through the following Atlassian documentation as it should help guide you in configuring SSO.

In my own organization I have SSO and user provisioning configured between Atlassian and Azure AD. The authentication policy configured to use SSO is set as the default policy, so users are added to it automatically. Users are added to AAD groups, and the group members are provisioned in Atlassian and are able to login to Atlassian using their Microsoft 365 credentials.

gustavo pereyro October 20, 2022

Hi Connor   thank you for you information..   we use Azure an Atlassian Access like you, but my question is :    I know we can provide any groups from Azure, but Is possible for example to define in Atlassian Access the group X for Jira licences users and group Y for Confluence users? ...    in our case we have 1400 licences in jira and 800 in confluene

Like Logan Hawkes likes this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2022

Hi gustavo, what you're describing is possible, in fact I have it setup like that in my org. I have user provisioning setup between Atlassian and Azure AD. In AAD I have created 2 security groups, JiraUsers and ConfluenceUsers, which are synced to Atlassian via user provisioning. In Atlassian, Jira product access is assigned to the JiraUsers group, and Confluence product access is assigned to the ConfluenceUsers group. All my employees are members of ConfluenceUsers so they're licensed for Confluence, but only specific employees are licensed for Jira through membership in the JiraUsers group.

gustavo pereyro November 2, 2022

Connor, sorry for my delay in answering you
thank you very much for your contribution, excellent detail, thank you, greetings

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events