How to enable page statistics on Google Analytics for a specific page?

Hi All,

Is there a documentation on how to enable page statistics on GA for a specific page? We have enabled google analytics and I would like to get metrics (page views and duration etc) on a specific page and email to a particular user group.

Note: I'm not looking for a paid solution. The videos out there are old or specific to paid solution.

Thanks in advance

Udhay

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
David Simpson Community Champion May 26, 2014

Hey @Udhay Parerikkal, as you're not after a paid solution, the simple answer is to embed the Google Analytics code on the single page e.g. with a user macro or embed it with the html macro and then setup weekly reports in Google Anaytics like so:

http://www.paulmycroft.com/the-search-engines/email-reports-google-analytics/

If you're using Confluence OnDemand, you're out of luck - no HTML macro & no user macro

Thanks, but I'm unable to generate a metric report just for a specific page from confluence. Only then, I can set up the emailing option. So, the issue is not emailing but more about generating metrics for a specific page from confluence.

Thanks

Udhay

This is specific to confluence page, thanks

Hi Udhay,

This thread discusses a possible solution with html and javascript:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/89931/google-analytics-on-confluence-pages

The answer was given by Giuliano Campos from Atlassian.

Hope this helps?!

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not sure if that answers my question. The code pasting is done and I see the overall metrics in GA. I'm looking to create a seperate report/view for just a specific page and send the metrics via email on a weekly basis. So, the work is mostly on GA and I don't see an example how to accomplish the same.

Thanks

Udhay

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 45m ago in Featured Groups

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian and I'm hosting an AMA next week.

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. I'll be hosting an AMA over in our Questions section of the Community next Monday, so shoot me your questions, upvote others' question...

11 views 0 1
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you