How to enable page statistics on Google Analytics for a specific page?

Udhay Parerikkal May 25, 2014

Hi All,

Is there a documentation on how to enable page statistics on GA for a specific page? We have enabled google analytics and I would like to get metrics (page views and duration etc) on a specific page and email to a particular user group.

Note: I'm not looking for a paid solution. The videos out there are old or specific to paid solution.

Thanks in advance

Udhay

3 answers

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2014

Hey @Udhay Parerikkal, as you're not after a paid solution, the simple answer is to embed the Google Analytics code on the single page e.g. with a user macro or embed it with the html macro and then setup weekly reports in Google Anaytics like so:

http://www.paulmycroft.com/the-search-engines/email-reports-google-analytics/

If you're using Confluence OnDemand, you're out of luck - no HTML macro & no user macro

Udhay Parerikkal May 26, 2014

Thanks, but I'm unable to generate a metric report just for a specific page from confluence. Only then, I can set up the emailing option. So, the issue is not emailing but more about generating metrics for a specific page from confluence.

Thanks

Udhay

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2014

Hi Udhay,

This thread discusses a possible solution with html and javascript:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/89931/google-analytics-on-confluence-pages

The answer was given by Giuliano Campos from Atlassian.

Hope this helps?!

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not sure if that answers my question. The code pasting is done and I see the overall metrics in GA. I'm looking to create a seperate report/view for just a specific page and send the metrics via email on a weekly basis. So, the work is mostly on GA and I don't see an example how to accomplish the same.

Thanks

Udhay

0 votes

This is specific to confluence page, thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events