It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add tooltip to link or url

The documentation suggests

You can append a link tip, which appears as a tooltip. Example: [pagetitle#anchor|link tip]

However, when I try this, it simply does not work. The URL appears as a non-existing target. I have also tried several variations using the Insert URL GUI, without success. I am however able to insert those as <a> tags with href and title to make a tooltip to work in the source editor, but that defeats the benefits of relative links to internal page references.

Anyway to get this inserted correctly?

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Leader Dec 10, 2015

Please link the documentation you are referencing and please also post the version of software you are using.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Leader Dec 10, 2015

There may be a bug here, I get really inconsistent results when trying to use tooltips.

Try the free Tooltips add-on if you're still having trouble. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Teamwork

The Confluence blog has a brand-new look AND brand-new content!

Hey Community,  Last year, the Confluence team shipped "Team Central," a hub of articles and templates on topics like project planning, knowledge sharing, and more.  We're thrilled to...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you