How to add tooltip to link or url

Jo Desmet December 10, 2015

The documentation suggests

You can append a link tip, which appears as a tooltip. Example: [pagetitle#anchor|link tip]

However, when I try this, it simply does not work. The URL appears as a non-existing target. I have also tried several variations using the Insert URL GUI, without success. I am however able to insert those as <a> tags with href and title to make a tooltip to work in the source editor, but that defeats the benefits of relative links to internal page references.

Anyway to get this inserted correctly?

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Kalnicki _M20_ January 3, 2016

Try the free Tooltips add-on if you're still having trouble. 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

There may be a bug here, I get really inconsistent results when trying to use tooltips.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Please link the documentation you are referencing and please also post the version of software you are using.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events