Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import Wiki 3.4.9 page/table into Excel? (How to set Wiki as data source in Excel?)

Alex V April 19, 2012

Hi, our company runs Confluence 3.4.9 and I cant seem to figure out how to import Wiki tables into Excel.

The scenario I am trying to solove is as following: We have 15 teams, each with their own inventory page on a Confluence Wiki (in a different table format). I would like to pull all 15 pages into Excel automatically, by setting up data sources. However, Excel doesn't seem to recognize Wiki the same way it recognizes Sharepoint tables. Instead it sees the whole page as one entity.

When I try to set up a data source "from a web page", I only get the header of the page, but not the actual data.

If I setup source "from text file", I get HTML + Wiki code, but I have been unable to find any Macros to help clean up the code.

I cant be the first one to try and solve this, so I was wondering if there is a plug-in for Excel or a Macro that can help me pull the whole wiki page or preferably just the tables?

Thank you very much,

Alex-

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2012

Interesting question.

Seems to be bit complicated way involving Excel and Wiki. A workaround would be to request teams to attach their individual Excel files directly in their pages, (and also use viewfile macro to see them on the page) and you use the attachment links directly from Excel (via WebDav) and do what ever reporting based on that.

Or do you can fetch the pages using Confluence Command Line and do a bit of scripting to generate csv file for Excel to operate on.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events