How to Add Meta Tags

MPal Pal March 19, 2012

Need help with a very basic question.

I want to add Meta description and Meta Title tags to some pages in my confluence space. How can I do this please?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2012

Here's some plugins which may be helpful (commercial plugins);

TechTime EasySEO Plugin

Adaptavist Theme Builder plugin (has some SEO options)

There's another question on Answers about this which might also be useful to you: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/29254/confluence-and-seo

MPal Pal March 22, 2012

Thank you so much Joseph. You have been a great help.

I actually tried the EasySEO plugin which is great but it only works for default themes. I am using the documentation theme for my content. For other themes it says "embed in your own theme decorators" but I am not sure how to edit the theme decorators of the documentation theme. :(

MPal Pal March 25, 2012

Just updating this thread if anyone looked for information later:

1) Confluence, frustratingly doesnt allow changing the decorators of themes other than the default theme.I hope they fix this soon.

2) Therefore I have edited the Main.vmd file of the documentatin theme on the disk where the company documentation is hosted. The only downside is that the changes affect to all spaces but that is ok by me since I need SEO in all spaces.

Thank you Joseph for your valuabe inputs. I actually want to look more into the THeme Builder plugin but we are in a hurry to get the SEO thing going so I actually have to put that for later. Thx again; you have been a great help. :)

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi MPal,

I've had the same issue so I've shared my tool for that: SEO Manager. Creates a sitemap and lets you change meta tags for pages.

Cheers,

Adrien

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2012

Have you tried using the Confluence Tabular Metadata Plugin?

MPal Pal March 20, 2012

Thank you for your reply Joseph. Does this plugin help include the following HTML tags to my wiki pages?

<META NAME="Title" CONTENT="Page Title Here">
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="page descr here">

I tried but not much luck.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2012

Oh, sorry, my bad - I was thinking about "metadata" in general, rather than specifically being able to add the HTML meta tag to pages.

I don't think the metadata plugin does that, sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events