Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload auto generated HTML into confluence

Glen Collins July 13, 2016

Hello all. I would like to know if it's possible (with what comes with Confluence) to upload automatically generated HTML into confluence. I am trying to gather system information, transfer it and upload this HTML file into confluence. This is all done in a Linux environment and done with automation tools. I have tried Webdav clients, lftp, python using xmlrpc but I keep running into issues. Especially trying to upload raw html and issues with illegal characters not being escaped properly.

I know there is bobswift CLI but I'm trying to do this without having to purchase anything. I'm in a Redhat 6.x environment and if anyone know of any CLI tools that can support uploaded of pure html (which may not be all properly formatted - i don't have control over the formatting without spending my time hacking the scripts to fix the issues) please let me know. I'm also working in a purse SSL environment using our own generated SSL certs so it also needs to ignore any cert validation issues.

EDIT: one more thing. I must be able to select the parent page and the space during the upload.

Thanks!

Glen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2016

If it is not XHTML and just HTML, then I recommend you wrap it in an HTML macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events