How do I transfer a user's content to another user?

Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

When we originally started using confluence the administrators didn't create a best practice for user names. Now we have one but hundreds of people have multiple accounts. I'm wondering how we can transfer a users content and priveleges from one account to another so we can delete the old account.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

See atlassian's docs for this topic. There is no ideal solution, but you can do it with manual SQL queries, but there are risks, so be sure to back everything up first.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+Usernames

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2014

Any updates?

0 votes
Angie Born April 16, 2014

I have a similar issue with duplicate users so I would like to either

- merge the two users

- or at least transfer content & privileges from one to another and then disable or delete one

We are using Confluence OnDemand.

Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events