Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set SourceTree to use the System Mercurial at /usr/local/bin/hg?

MyRemoteProjects March 25, 2012

My Mercurial installation is in /usr/local/bin/hg, but I can't browse to that file. That is the location to which the Mercurial installation program put it.

1 answer

4 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2012

In Preferences > Mercurial, when you click 'Use System Mercurial', SourceTree will detect the location of the system Mercurial for you but then let you browse if you want to change it.

Note, however, that Mercurial is actually a set of Python packages. The 'hg' command that you call is actually just a very thin wrapper which launches these packages. That's why the 'Use System Mercurial' dialog will probably open at /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/mercurial - that's actually where the real Mercurial software is, and it's also where the Mercurial installer puts 99% of the files it installs. It's this which is the unambiguous part of the Mercurial install, not the hg script.

Andrew S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2014

/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/mercurial isn't where homebrew puts it - what directory should homebrew users select in this dialog?

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2014

mine is located at /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial

Daniel Stout December 4, 2014

this works for homebrew: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial/

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events