How can i delete user when he has assigned issues or reported issues?

steven lay February 19, 2013

i would like to delete users who didn't work anymore on projects.

1 answer

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013
Create a dummy user. In issue navigator query for all issues where this user is reporter or assignee Bulk edit the results and change them to the dummy user. The more comfortable way is to simply deactivate the user who left. He can't login no more
Brian Begy May 11, 2014

Why isn't there a button that says "assign all this user's issues to: "? That seems like a pretty obvious feature.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

agree here...but just imagin the following scenario:

an employee who left the company previously approved or commented on a certain request inside a ticket....now that you kinda remove this user as he left your company all your historic data will be gone once you delete the user. maybe 1 year after he left some issue or question appears where you need to find out who ever in the world approved this request....what you will find then is a wrong name...

i'd stick with the solution to simply deactivate exemployees accounts and leave the data as it is.

other than that where ppl have duplicate or multiple accounts an account merge mechanism would be pretty helpful. script runner plugin can proceed such a task but still this is not the optimal solution to rely on 3rd party tools like this. i'd like to see some improved account management anyway

Dana Johnson March 2, 2015

The issue history word be able to trace the reassignment

Suggest an answer