Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I clone external repository with SourceTree

Alexander Belchenko January 9, 2013

I can't find a way to clone arbitrary external repository with Source Tree. E.g. my company uses codebasehq.com to host projects. How can I clone git repository from codebasehq.com using SourceTree and without need to open Terminal and type `git clone URL`? Is it possible?

Here is the same qusetion with answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/78279/how-do-i-clone-a-git-remote-repository

Somehow it didn't show up in search results when I've tried to create my question.

I'd say that using File - New for clone is not very obvious and untuitive. Maybe it's just me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Hi Alexander,

On the main bookmarks window there's a repository icon with a '+' on it which signifies adding a repository to your list of bookmarks, so there is a clickable icon (the very first one) on the main toolbar to do this without having to go through File > New. You are essentially adding a new repository, it just can either be a cloned repository, a working copy or a brand new repository. The icons on the sheet after clicking either File > New or hitting the add bookmark icon in the toolbar are then more specific, i.e. the clone icon is more reflective of that operation.

We're always looking for feedback though, so I'll make sure this is discussed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events