Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Database and Own fields in Confluence

Mame Aissatou Camara September 22, 2013

I'd like to know if it was possible to transfer an external database in Confluence? And if we were able to create our own fields (not sections I specify)

9 answers

0 votes
Mame Aissatou Camara September 25, 2013

For the other question I just reboot my computer and I change the browser (Explorer to mozilla) and I got back my stuff at the right place and the dashboard too.

0 votes
Mame Aissatou Camara September 25, 2013
Here's the error I obtain when I am trying to delete a global Template: The following error(s) occurred: •Your request could not be processed because a required security token was not present in the request. You may need to re-submit the form or reload the page.
0 votes
Mame Aissatou Camara September 24, 2013
What I want to do is create a form on one page: For example: Name: (user will enter his name) first name (user will enter the first name) age: (user will enter his age), etc. ....
0 votes
i can not create a new global Template anymore and I can not delete them
0 votes

I have not changed anything intentionally I made a page and then suddenly aftr rereshing the page all was in the wrong place. before I tried ctrl + shift + N, but his did nothing to confluence.

I actually created variables and the preview gave me what I wanted to do ie empty fields I can fill with text, but once I integrates the template page in these fields (variables) disappear.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

You haven't explained what you mean by variables or what you're doing with fields, or even how you're doing fields. It's hard to try to guess this stuff.

0 votes

Oh cool with this link I can do the job Thank you .... But compared to the fields I can normally do with a template but once I inserts the template in a page I do not get the same result than the template. It''s weird.

How can I obtain the default dashboard back? I can not see the cog icon anymore apparently the page is segmented. Everything should be as horizontal like "Space, People Create,..." is found in vertical. AND AFTER THAT I HAVE THE DASHBOARD DOWN.

THANKS

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

I don't know what you've done to break or change the dashboard, you haven't said what you've changed.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with fields and templates either, as there are no fields in confluence, just wiki pages

0 votes

Okay.....Currently I have data that is stored somewhere and now I installed Confluence I would like to migrate these data in confluence instead of doing it manually.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2013

Right, well, it depends on what the data is and what shape it's in. Best to start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Importing+Content+Into+Confluence as that covers assorted import types - at the very least it'll help you decide roughly hwat shape things should be!

0 votes

Hi Nick,
What I really want is to create a page with my own fields after that a user confluence can access and write above. Such as when I log on confluence filling my username, password, etc.....

Regarding the issue with the database, I'm registered a database and I would like to transfer some data to the database Confluence. Is it possible?
Thanks for answering last time so quickly

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2013

Ok, that's not really what a wiki is for, it's designed for free-format text. There are plugins which wedge forms into pages, but the ones I'm familiar with are basically to get the right data from the user and still end up with text pages afterwards. You might want to trawl through the marketplace for field related plugins though, my knowledge isn't that broad on field related stuff for Confluence (whent the requirement has popped up, I've always had the option to say "could we use Jira for that instead)

I still have no real idea what you mean about the database.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2013

Confluence is not a "field" based application, it's a wiki. So I'm not sure what you're imagining as fields.

I've got several ideas on what you mean by "Transfer an external database", but there's a wild range of possible meanings. Could you explain what you really mean here?

Hi Nick,
What I really want is to create a page with my own fields after that a user confluence can access and write above. Such as when I log on confluence filling my username, password, etc..... Regarding the issue with the database, I'm registered a database and I would like to transfer some data to the database Confluence. Is it possible?
Thanks for answering last time so quickly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events