Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive logging

Vlad Korolev February 23, 2013

For some reason our Bamboo instance produces excessive log messages when it is running. We are getting FINE and FINEST log messages both on the console and in the log files. This makes our build very slow.. any way we can tune the logging down to at least WARN level

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vlad Korolev February 24, 2013

I have resolved this afternoon myself.

The problem was that some one had modified logging.properties in the JDK/lib directory.. so it was logging everything at the finest level. This was driving me crazy for a few months.

I discovered the culprit accidentally this afternoon when I was working on something else and had to run Maven from the command line. When I saw the excessive logging from something not related to Bamboo, I knew where to look and was able to troubleshoot it in under 15 minutes.

Thankfully, now the builds are much faster ( about 35% or so ).

– Vlad

0 votes
ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2013

Have you seen this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Logging+in+Bamboo ?

The information on this page relates to the Bamboo server (atlassian-bamboo) logs only. You cannot change the logging configuration for the build logs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events