Edit permissions only for part of space

Alexander Afonyashin December 25, 2012

Hello support,

I'm in trouble with the following required configuration:

- we have two groups: A and B, both of them have view permission on space

- we have a number of 'root' pages in space, let's call them 1,2,3,4

- we grant editing permissions on space to group A

- we want to grant editing permission on particular page 4 (and all child pages) to group B

It seems that I have to grant editing permission on space to group B even if I want it (group B) to been able to edit only page 4. If I restrict editing on page 4 to group B, then it is still unable to edit it if no editing permission granted on space to group B.

Is there any way to grant editing permission to particular page without granting edition permission on space?

Best regards,

Alexander Afonyashin

1 answer

0 votes
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

As I answered in the support ticket, I'm afraid, there is currently no such way to achieve what you're after in Confluence out of the box. Reason is because as what you have observed, that would break the permission hierarchy chain:

There is an improvement request to track this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7089

Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

Husein:

That ticket was created in 2006 and has had no action from Atlassian. It would be helpful if you could nug the Devs about this issue, though it seems unlikely to be fixed...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events