Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an email service need to be created for each Issue Type??

Eric Blair November 9, 2011

I read the issue creation though email documentation and I'm confused. Do I need to create one service per issue type, per project?

In other words, if I want to send an email to create, say, a subtask type issue, but my service is set up to type 1 (not subtask), then how would subtask be created? Do I specify that in the subject or body?

Also, I've been looking but haven't found a spot where there are examples of emails that one would send to create issues of different types.

Thnaks!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Yes, using the standard email handler, you would have to create a service for each issuetype you want created. I would use seperate addresses (catchemail) so the handler and service can properly process your messages (eg: create a bug vs sub-task)

If you want examples of ONE email that can create multiple issuetypes based on the content of that email, then you will need to use a different email handler. A good one would be JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

In JSM you can only have a single email per project which means a single Request type which is associated to a single Issuetype. Actually,  in cloud you can have two emails (one custom and one from Atlassian). So, OOTB you cannot create multiple issuetypes via email.

as @justindowning mentions you would need to consider a 3rd-party app - JETI or JEMH.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events