Custom Action Fails

Jason Pecho April 1, 2013

I've added a custom action that simply calls a shell script. However, when I run it, it fails. Here is the fail message:

prep_submodule.sh /Git/CFTools

2013-04-01 15:45:31.082 SourceTree[4126:203] *** NSTask: Task create for path '/Git/CFTools/Scripts/git/prep_submodule.sh' failed: 22, "Invalid argument". Terminating temporary process.

Completed with errors, see above

As you can see, I'm also passing $REPO to the script. The script simply says:

echo $1

I assume the script is just called with $REPO as the first parameter (second if you include $0)

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi Jason,

There's two issues here. The first is the one you're describing seems to think the path doesn't exist. I'd do things in this order

1. At the terminal in the directory you so wish, type "touch prep_submodule.sh"
  2. Then at the terminal type "chmod +x prep_submodule.sh"
  3. In the file make sure you've got the shebang in it, so the first line should have "#!/bin/sh". Check this wiki entry for more details.
  4. In SourceTree make sure the Custom Action sheet has the correct path set (i.e. make sure you can 'cd' to it from the terminal)

I just had a try myself to see if I could get your set up to work and it was fine.

Let us know if you need any more help.

Cheers

Jason Pecho April 1, 2013

Kieran, thanks for answering. My initial setup was very much as you have said. I accidentally type #!/usr/sh. I changed it to #!/bin/sh and it worked. Thanks!

0 votes
Nuwan Pradeep December 28, 2013

Thanks Kieran and Jason, I was trying to run a shell command from Adobe AIR and I failed. Then I seen this discussion and I added #!/bin/sh as mentioned above to my .sh file and it worked. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events