cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd username changes through REST API

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2014

Now that crowd allows username changes (!!!!) are there any plans to have the rest api be able to handle a username change as well? The API docs haven't been updated on this from what I can tell, and most of the 'trials' I've done to see if it is possible have thus far failed, so I'm assuming it's not implemented yet?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2014

Correct; although we've tested support for user rename in our products, we aren't yet (as of 2.7.0) ready to commit to supporting a particular rename API for third parties.

We'll update the developer documentation for the REST API when that changes.

Update: Crowd 2.8.4 will support renaming users via a call to a new /user/rename API: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-3388

(I'm a developer on Crowd.)

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2014

BTW do you have an 'ish' timeline for that? (like sometime soon, maybe over the summer, next year, or sometime this century lol Just so we know if we need to find workaround now or hold off a little)

Graham Bakay
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2014

Is there a JIRA issue tracking this?

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2014

Thanks for the nudge (and sorry Aram, I must have lost or overlooked the notification email from your last comment); I've raised [CWD-4069|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-4069] to track this.

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
October 6, 2014

.. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-4069 that is - turns out Confluence questions doesn't seem to support any way of setting link text from a comment yet, so my attempt to use wiki markup failed ;)

1 vote
Nakhil Bhandari November 25, 2015

Hi, 

Is there any update as to when crowd 2.8.4 will be released. 

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2015

Caspar or any Atlassian involved with Crowd - is this feature available yet? The JIRA issue referred to doesn't seem to apply to the question here.

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2015

Now implemented, but not yet released at time of writing; see the update in my answer.

0 votes
Takayuki Hirota July 18, 2015

I want to execute bulk username change. REST API is not available now, so I'll try to execute my custom SQL which update cwd_user and cwd_membership. Is there any problem?

arunicsbit August 3, 2015

Were u successful with ur SQL update in those 2 tables? Did it work ?

Takayuki Hirota August 5, 2015

It looks like successful with custom sql updating 2 tables, but we want to wait official crowd-2.8.4 release.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events