Creating pages per application in our wiki. Automatically create child pages?

Ash Chapman May 22, 2017

Greetings all,

Our team has been using Confluence in a less than intelligent way thus far (very little reusable content, almost no templates) and I'm trying to change that. The problem is... I don't know anything.

One of our needs is for an application inventory. Ideally this would be a page for every application we support. On that main page you'd find support info, a list of relevant servers, licensing info and important links. Child pages would include 1) a page with installation instructions 2) troubleshooting (with child pages), etc.

I am looking for any suggestions on setting this up in a way that doesn't take a lot of know how by my team. I was hoping to find a way to create a template/blueprint that comes with the complete page hierarchy but I'm not sure how that could even exist given you can't have two pages with the same name. I was planning on getting around that by giving each application a unique ID

Hierarchy:

• Application (0001)
    • Support (0001)
    • Servers (0001)
    • Licensing (0001)
    • Links (0001)
    • Troubleshooting and how-to (0001)

Below is a pretty simple mock-up. I can't overstate how open I am to any recommendations. Confluence is fairly eliptical and if I'm going to do this right, I'd like to find out what "right" might mean.

I will read any relevant articles anyone replies with and heed the warnings of the veterans.

panel with TOC.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ash Chapman May 22, 2017

It looks like this can help me achieve what I'm imagining but... is what I'm imagining any good?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nurago.confluence.plugins.treecopy/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events