Creating Meaningful Global Templates in Confluence 4+

Danielle Johnston April 5, 2012

I am trying to create a series of global templates for my team in Confluence. There are a series of common macros that I have been using to create pages that I want to 'just template' into a fashion that other members of my team can perform the task.

But... well, I'm blocked. Since the move to the new editor, it seems like there is no documentation on how to refer to macros in wiki markup language. Can someone point me to documentation on wiki markup for macros (like jiraissues, team calendars, roadmap, rapidboard) so that I can embed them in templates?

2 answers

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

Hi Danielle,

Maybe our Add-on Page Tree Creator (PTC) could be a solution. It works a bit different than the Confluence blueprints / templates. The PTC-templates are based on normal confluence pages and therefore you can use all macros without any limitation. You can even replace macro parameters during the page creation process.

Try our Live Examples (no registration needed) and see how it works.

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2012

Hi Danielle,

The best place to look is the Confluence 3.5 Documentation, in particular the Working with Macros section for the JIRA macros.

How are you displaying Road Map and Rapid Board in pages at the moment? Is that by subscribing to JIRA gadgets in Confluence and embedding JIRA gadgets in Confluence pages? If so you can find the Gadget macro wiki syntax at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Gadget+Macro

For Team Calendars, these were released after Confluence 4 so there is no documented wiki syntax, but the following might work:

{calendar:id=<your calendar id>}

e.g.

{calendar:id=cccfe4a8-84ed-462f-91bf-a26f4f5e4058}

the above is based on converting the Confluence 4 format:

<ac:macro ac:name="calendar">
  <ac:parameter ac:name="id">cccfe4a8-84ed-462f-91bf-a26f4f5e4058</ac:parameter>
</ac:macro>

using the Storage Format documentation.

Hope that's of some help?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events