Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy-paste doesn't work in Confluence

Rumceisz March 27, 2013

Hi All,

many of our Confluence users complain that they cannot paste text from the clipboard to Confluence.

They use IE9, and our Confluence version is 4.3.2

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

I've seen a similar issue and basically the root cause was a third-party plugin that blocked the rich text format to be copiied.

Just for test purpose you can try running Confluence in "safe mode" as we can see here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Disabling+or+Enabling+a+Plugin#DisablingorEnablingaPlugin-Disabling/EnablingallUserInstalledPlugins%28SafeMode%29

RUnning in safe mode will disable all third-parties plugins, so in this we we can narrow down this issue.

Cheers,

Bernardo

1 vote
Throw Away February 5, 2020

The problem for me occurs in firefox when I've modified about:config:

dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled;false

ARG! It also disables pasting in these comments! I turn it to false to ALLOW pasting in many situations. Confluence and Atlassian community boards are the only place where the reverse is true. Super annoying that you disable pasting without modifying the content of the clipboard. If the reasoning is only to allow rich-text formatting, it only begs the problem of allowing me to work directly in the markup language instead of the forced WYSI(not-quite)WYG.

When I try command+V the bullet-list format is selected, but nothing else happens.

Krzysztof Szalast March 27, 2020

Agree. This is super-annoying. I want to have `dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled;false`

because it protects me before annoying feature in many sites:

when I'm selecting text and Ctrl-C it into clipboard many sites adds to text smth. like "More at: http://blah.com".

Now because of Confluencte behavior I can't unset above flag :(

1 vote
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

Hello Rumi,

To give us a better idea about the scenario, could you please let us know the exact steps that your users are performing? Also, please check at your 'atlassian-confluence.log' (<confluence-home-directory>/logs folder) and take a look at the end of the file and see if there's some specific error stack-trace, if so please paste it here for us, so we can have a better idea about the problem.

And please, check the following points at your instance regarding customizations(this can be also affecting here):

- Confluence Admin > Look and Feel* and *Space Admin > Look and Feel*, then verify the following:

* Themes: See which theme you're using, switch back to the default if you're not using it already.
* Layouts: See if you have any custom layout defined, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Stylesheet: See if you have custom stylesheet, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Custom HTML: See if you have any custom HTML defined, if yes then reset to default

Kind Regards,

LJ.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

Hello Rum,

I just tried to replicate this problem in my local Confluence, and I couldn't. Here is working fine. May I ask you, if this is happening with Chrome or Firefox as well?

Cheers,

WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events