Copy-paste doesn't work in Confluence

Hi All,

many of our Confluence users complain that they cannot paste text from the clipboard to Confluence.

They use IE9, and our Confluence version is 4.3.2

Can you please help?

3 answers

1 accepted

I've seen a similar issue and basically the root cause was a third-party plugin that blocked the rich text format to be copiied.

Just for test purpose you can try running Confluence in "safe mode" as we can see here:

RUnning in safe mode will disable all third-parties plugins, so in this we we can narrow down this issue.

Hello Rumi,

To give us a better idea about the scenario, could you please let us know the exact steps that your users are performing? Also, please check at your 'atlassian-confluence.log' (<confluence-home-directory>/logs folder) and take a look at the end of the file and see if there's some specific error stack-trace, if so please paste it here for us, so we can have a better idea about the problem.

And please, check the following points at your instance regarding customizations(this can be also affecting here):

- Confluence Admin > Look and Feel* and *Space Admin > Look and Feel*, then verify the following:

* Themes: See which theme you're using, switch back to the default if you're not using it already.
* Layouts: See if you have any custom layout defined, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Stylesheet: See if you have custom stylesheet, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Custom HTML: See if you have any custom HTML defined, if yes then reset to default

Kind Regards,

Hello Rum,

I just tried to replicate this problem in my local Confluence, and I couldn't. Here is working fine. May I ask you, if this is happening with Chrome or Firefox as well?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

95 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot