I've seen a similar issue and basically the root cause was a third-party plugin that blocked the rich text format to be copiied.
Just for test purpose you can try running Confluence in "safe mode" as we can see here:
RUnning in safe mode will disable all third-parties plugins, so in this we we can narrow down this issue.
To give us a better idea about the scenario, could you please let us know the exact steps that your users are performing? Also, please check at your 'atlassian-confluence.log' (<confluence-home-directory>/logs folder) and take a look at the end of the file and see if there's some specific error stack-trace, if so please paste it here for us, so we can have a better idea about the problem.
And please, check the following points at your instance regarding customizations(this can be also affecting here):
- Confluence Admin > Look and Feel* and *Space Admin > Look and Feel*, then verify the following:
* Themes: See which theme you're using, switch back to the default if you're not using it already.
* Layouts: See if you have any custom layout defined, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Stylesheet: See if you have custom stylesheet, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Custom HTML: See if you have any custom HTML defined, if yes then reset to default
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG