I've seen a similar issue and basically the root cause was a third-party plugin that blocked the rich text format to be copiied.
Just for test purpose you can try running Confluence in "safe mode" as we can see here:
RUnning in safe mode will disable all third-parties plugins, so in this we we can narrow down this issue.
To give us a better idea about the scenario, could you please let us know the exact steps that your users are performing? Also, please check at your 'atlassian-confluence.log' (<confluence-home-directory>/logs folder) and take a look at the end of the file and see if there's some specific error stack-trace, if so please paste it here for us, so we can have a better idea about the problem.
And please, check the following points at your instance regarding customizations(this can be also affecting here):
- Confluence Admin > Look and Feel* and *Space Admin > Look and Feel*, then verify the following:
* Themes: See which theme you're using, switch back to the default if you're not using it already.
* Layouts: See if you have any custom layout defined, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Stylesheet: See if you have custom stylesheet, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Custom HTML: See if you have any custom HTML defined, if yes then reset to default
Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot