Convert OnDemand database to Local installation

Erwin Krijnen January 9, 2013

I am testing JIRA OnDemand now. I also installed JIRA locally, because I want to try several plugins.

We don't know yet whether we are going to use OnDemand or locally. But for now, I did multiple settings in OnDemand already.

I tried to export the whole database and import it locally, but it tells me that the OnDemand version is higher than the local version.

How can I import the OnDemand version of the database into the local installation?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

The import process will only be successful when performed during JIRA's initial setup wizard. Attempting to import a JIRA OnDemand export in JIRA's administration section will result in failure.

You must restore the OnDemand backup using the method above, using the 'Restore System' functionality on an already created JIRA instance will throw an error about mismatching versions and will not perform the import.

Please see this url for details on how to migrate from ondemand to installed versions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events