Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confidentiality of information in Confluence

Phoebe August 23, 2013

Hi,

I'm a psychologist and would like to use Confluence. Would you be able to ensure that information I write on Confluence pages would be able to be kept fully confidential?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Josch Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Hi Phoebe - no. Not with confluence and hardly any other internetbased service.

You need to ensure that the complete system is kept confidential (secure DMZ, two factor authentication etc.).

Actually - you should not have the system reachable "via internet" at all. Its not only "McGee and Abby" who are able to break into internetconnected servers. Often, scriptkiddies can already, just having fun during computerclass.

IF you want to have a "wiki to go" - you could set up a "filebased" wiki, run from an usb stick, you encrypt with TrueCrypt.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2013

Hi Phoebe,

I believe that you're talking about Confluence OnDemand (our SaaS offering). This is our OnDemand privacy policy: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/About+Your+Data

Lucas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events