Community Forums 2 creating child page instead of topic

Beth Carroll April 7, 2015

I recently upgraded my forum to Community Forums 2. This is a new community so I did not have any exhisting topics. I used the Community Forums Blueprint to set up a forum and it appeared to work. However, when I add a new topic it appears as a child page instead of a topic on the forum. How do I fix this so that it adds it as a forum topic?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Supraja Thota [Adaptavist] April 21, 2015

Hi Beth,

Hope this finds you well.

Can you please ensure the Confluence and Community Forums are compatible with each other. If they are can you please try to perform a rebuild from the Confluence Administration menu. More info about this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration

Sometimes it happens that when customers migrate to newer instances, the topics are not populated within the Forums macro which can be resolved by performing a re-index.

However, if this doesn't resolve your issue please consider creating a support ticket with us so that we can investigate and help you resolve the issue.

Support requests are logged via our contact form in our website. Please be sure to set enquiry type to “Support services & Plugins”. Please provide the following information:

• the version of Confluence  you are using,
  • the add-on name and version you are using,
  • all information regarding the issue you are facing including log files, steps to reproduce, screenshots, storage format etc. "

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Supraja Thota  | QA Analyst | Adaptavist.com Ltd.
1st Floor, 35 - 39 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HX
Registered in England and Wales #5456785 | VAT Reg. GB 872 1217 39

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events