Cannot use file: uri to link to local files

Basically the problem is that there is no response when clicking on a link created with the file: uri.

For example:

I can create a link using the following URL file://///server2/data/file.pdf or file://server2/data/file.pdf but when i click on the link, absolutely nothing happens. However when i paste this URL into my browser, it loads up the document no problem. This leads me to beleive that the problem lies with how confluence is handling the link.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey,

check this question. If you're using a browser other than IE it probably is a security problem...

Cheers

Christian

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/21205/confluence-how-to-place-a-link-to-a-file-on-a-server-share-in-a-confluence-page

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

76 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you