Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you turn off the email sent to the user when you log in as them?

Steve Kostrey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Log in as another user

When I log in as another user an email notification is sent to that user. I'm logging in to test permissions so that they have restricted access to various part of the system. Can the email notification be turned off?

Here is the email sent to the user:

Just letting you know that your Atlassian Cloud administrator, Bob Someone [Administrator], has temporary access to your user account. This means they're logged in as you can do things on your behalf. if you're not sure why this is happening, check with your administrator.

2 answers

0 votes
Admin2 February 11, 2016

A bit of lateral thinking ... first, edit the user's email address to something else, next you log in as them and test as required, log out, then edit their email address back to their proper one smile

AFAIK, the audit log would record the fact that you edited the user, not sure what level of detail would be shown.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events