Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Percona database for Jira and Confluence ?

Sanjay Naikwadi December 6, 2013

I would like to know if we can use Percona DB for setting up Jira and Confluence ?

If there are any limitations, what are they ?
If its supported then which version is recommended of percona ?

What is supported version of Mysql (community/Enterprise) ?

Sanjay

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2013

You can use any database that has a Java driver and supports standard SQL. You might struggle for docs though.

But you'll only get support on PostGreSQL, MySQL, Oracle and MS Sequel Server from Atlassian - if you run into database issues, they don't promise anything (although, when I was running on an unsupported database, one of their support chaps went out of his way to help, despite it not being officially supported)

0 votes
Sanjay Naikwadi December 25, 2013

Till now in my stagging looks good, all is working fine.

0 votes
Sanjay Naikwadi December 7, 2013

Thanks Nic Brough

Can some also tell me tables are in MYSIAM or INNODB ?

Percona only supports INNODB and has limited support for MYSIAM tables.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2013

It depends on how you set them up. When using MySQL, you have to use INNODB, so I assume that's the same for Percona though.

0 votes
Sanjay Naikwadi December 6, 2013

Thanks Normann,

I have gone through the documentation and i am also much interested in Percona support, i already have a 3 server Percona galera replication set, before moving ahead i was looking if i can find the answer or take the risk atleast in staging to deploy.

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2013

Answers is her: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms

I've been using the Mysql Community Ed for 4-5 years, - works great and it's free. I would stick to what's on the list, I You expect support from Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events