Can I modify the skills needed for an individual Jira issue?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Learn stages and skills

JIRA Portfolio Cloud seems to apply the same stages/skills to all JIRA issue within a plan.  Is there any way to modify the stages or skills on a per issue basis?  For example, I might want to add the skills Javascript Development and Database Development to the Implementation stage.  While those are both common skills, not every issue requires both.  If I have an issue that does not involve Javascript is there some way to remove it from that ticket so scheduling is not dependent on a team member with Javascript skills?

I should mention this question is for a Kanban project not a Scrum project.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hi Doug, 

You can manage the skills necessary for each issue by changing the estimate for that skill on said issue.

• Set up your common stages and skills with their default estimates
  • Navigate to the scope view
  • Expand the estimate column to display all the stages and skills (ensure the estimate column is visible by clicking on the scope table config cog)
  • Override any default skill estimate with your preferred estimate, e.g. you can set it to '0' if the skill is not required. 

Cheers,
Allard 

Allard,

Thanks for your help!  I was looking for the stages and skills on the JIRA issue itself and didn't even think to expand the Estimate column on the Scope view within portfolio.  That works!

Doug

@Doug Couvillion, glad I could help you.
If this answers your question, could you please mark the answer as correct? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 48m ago in Canada

TOPIC TUESDAY - Oct 16th - Fav Atlassian Logo

Hey folks, We are back with your Topic Tuesday Question for the week. This week we are asking what is your fav new Atlassian logo? My vote would be for Statuspage. Let us know your thoughts! &nbs...

9 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you