Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation is not working in JSD Customer Portal

Joseph Orellana January 20, 2016

Hello Atlassian Team, 

I'm am having trouble getting automation rules to work in JSD. I am trying to create an automated rule that automatically generates a comment when an issue is created. I'm not sure if this is an issue of how I have set up my automated rules or if it is an internal issue.

Here is what I have my setup currently. I set the "when" condition to "issue created", the "if" condition set to "status = all", "reporter = all", "priority = all", and "issue type = computer request" (a request type that I created for my team). I have created multiple tickets under the "

Currently, we have a live production of JSD and Confluence, but we have not rolled out JSD entirely and it is still in a testing phase. So we have a test server for JSD and this is where the issue persists. So it may be an issue within our test environment, but I'm not completely sure.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you! 

5 answers

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

Hi @Joseph Orellana

I was looking into an Automation issue we're having and came across this post.  That's why the late reply.  Maybe it could help someone else, though.

Just a thought, but maybe "Computer Request" not an issuetype but a request type

You did say: "issue type = computer request" (a request type that I created for my team).

If that's the case, then you'd need to use "Customer request type" = "Computer Request".

You search by ALL in the Advanced/JQL view by not including the field in the JQL.  By doing that, it won't filter out any reporter or priority or whatever other field you want to include all values for.

It's hard to tell which order these comments (not answers) occur in, but if your initial JQL was:

issuetype = "Computer Request " AND status = Open

Then it looked fine to me unless:

• it was a request type instead of issue type
  • or it could be the space after Request in "Computer Request "

Also, I've found that when you use the When of Issue created, you don't have to specify that status = Open, it's implied, and depending on the order of when the automation happens in regards to the status transitioning from create to Open, the status at the time of creation might not yet be Open.

In summary, I think your JQL should look like this:

"Customer request type" = "Computer Request"

I'm not sure what the rest of your automation rule looks like, so I couldn't say if it's the cause or not.

0 votes
Joseph Orellana January 21, 2016

I also tried changing the syntax to this:

issuetype = "Computer Request " AND status = Open AND reporter = EMPTY AND priority = EMPTY

This did not generate anything. So I tried to point the "reporter" directly to me, since I have been the one creating the tickets as a test using this line:

issuetype = "Computer Request " AND status = Open AND reporter = philbert32 AND priority = EMPTY

And still nothing. Also I'm not sure how to make reporter and priority point to "ALL" instead of "EMPTY". JQL advance search does not accept "ALL" as proper syntax.

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

I put my original answer in the wrong place.  Oops!

0 votes

From what I can tell, the JQL syntax is correct. But I may be wrong. Thanks for the response, Steven!

0 votes

issuetype = "Computer Request " AND status = Open

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2016

Can you provide the JQL your wrote for your IF condition?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events