Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach another BitBucket account instead of automatically created

Dmitry Tuzov October 23, 2012

Hi,

We chose to migrate the code to BitBucket OnDemand, but previously we already started migration from GitHub to the BitBucket account we created (rooxteam). Now Atlassian created a completely new BitBucket account for us (rooxteam-ondemand), but it's completely empty and I couldn't find an easy way to migrate all users and repos rather than one by one. Is it possible to attach the 'rooxteam' account to our Jira account instead of 'rooxteam-ondemand'?

1 answer

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hello Dimitry,

Since the OnDemand account that's it automatically created for you on BitBucket is a free 12 month account, then changing it might become more complicated, but now we are discussing internally on the best way to approach this and make it more easy for existing BitBucket customers to have their repositories on OnDemand.

But currently as a workaround, you can transfer ownership of repositories from the old BitBucket account to the new one, and after that rename your team account to be the same as the old one, to keep links and URLS intact.

Let me know if that's an option for you.

Dmitry Tuzov November 7, 2012

Actually, I'm still waiting for the result of your discussions. Please, give an estimate, when you can provide any further advice.

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Now the best way would be to transfer the ownership of your repositories to the new account and connect it to your JIRA OnDemand.

Dmitry Tuzov November 8, 2012

Hi. The question was not about the best way now, but about when this can change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events