Answers Improvement: Allow user to email/PM other users on answer forum

I think sometimes you just want to send comments/followup with another user offline via email or private message. I know comments work great, but there are times you just want to take things offline :)

1 answer

0 vote

How about a share button? That way you could email a user, but you wouldn't be able to see their address. One concern with that is spam - spammers shoul be able to email everyone.

not quite. I was talking about sending message to particular user and not sharing a ticket to another user. Like instead of arguing certain points on this forum, I can take the discussion offline with particular user.

I'm not sure I'd like that - the point of a forum is that it's a community, and a place to share. Private messages discourage that. But it would be nice to have a way to contact someone to see if they were willing to accept mail off-forum.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

36 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you