Announcement Banner

Brian Draper August 13, 2014

Is it possible for the annoument banner rotate between different information, this would be used globally. Can this be managed through the front end or backend?

If this is possible can there be a timer set on how long it would take for it to rotate?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brian Draper August 19, 2014

For this from what I wanted I have entered the following in the announcement banner (front end) and it got what I had wanted

<style type="text/css">
Marquee Test {
font-size: 12px;
-webkit-marquee-direction: forwards;
-webkit-marquee-increment: 1px;
-webkit-marquee-speed: fast;
-webkit-marquee-style: scroll;
}

marquee span {
margin-right:100%;
}

</style>
</head>

<body>

<div id="Marquee Test">
<marquee scrollamount="10" loop="infinite" display="inline">
<b>Welcome to NJW Service Desk</b><span></span>
Planned Maintenance - Jira will be unavailable during this time 05/09/14 05:00 UK Time<span></span>
</marquee>
</div>

</body>
</html>

1 vote
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi Brian,

The announcement banner actually accepts any kind of javascript customisation, so you can certainly set a timer or an event for it to rotate information. In this topic you will see a similar question, which the information is going to be changed when it's clicked:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21068560/change-text-every-time-button-clicked

You will just have to change the event from onclick to use a timer, which you can see in this page:

http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_timing.asp

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Does help alot thanks.

Where can I find the area which I need to change to enter this information?

Like Marc Muhlestein likes this
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

As a system administrator, broswe through System > User Interface > Announcement Banner. Then input your javascript/html code, select the visibility level and save it.

For more information you can follow this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+an+Announcement+Banner

I have just entered a bad java script now I cannot see the main display of the screen?

What Can I do now?

pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

Hi Brian,

If you don't have access to the announcement banner section of JIRA to remove it, you can remove it through the database by following this document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+JIRA+Announcement+Banner+through+the+database

Please remember to backup JIRA before performing any database procedures like this one.

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

If you don't want manipulation with the database - you can /secure/admin/EditAnnouncementBanner!default.jspa open this link and use development tools to clean up the page from javascript or at least cleanup the text area and show and click (or click with the javascript) on the save button.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Press F12, then find "<textarea name="announcement" cols="60" rows="8" wrap="virtual" style="width:90%">test</textarea>" then remove the text from that text area, then type

javascript:void(document.forms['announcementbanner-edit'].submit());

in the address bar, and your page will be refreshed and no announcement will be left

Brian Draper August 14, 2014

Hi Alexey

I am having trouble seeing this .jspa file. It does not display, I do on the other hand have editannounment.jsp?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

you don't see this file, but it still loads. If you use chrome browser - press F12 and you will see the sources. They are editable and you can find dynamic change

Brian Draper August 19, 2014

Note sure if you can see but from my answer below can I also add for project on this as well.

Currently I have been using the same as below but adding the following code next to the #if / #else

$project.getpname() == "ProjectName1","ProjectName2")

So it would look something like this:

#if $project.getpname() == "ProjectName1","ProjectName2") && ($issue.getIssueTypeObject().getName() == "Incident")

#set ($description = 'What URL were you on? Who were you logged in as? Is there anything else about your environment that is important (Browser, Brows$

\

What did you expected it to do?

\

What did it actually do?

\

What are the detailed steps to recreate this behavior?

Step 1.')

#set ($description = $description.replace('\',''))

#else if $project.getpname() == "ProjectName1","ProjectName2") && ($issue.getIssueTypeObject().getName() == "Service Request")

#set ($description = 'What area of the system would need to be change?

\

How to get to the area of the system?

\

What should the expected out come be?')

#else if ($issue.getIssueTypeObject().getName() == "Incident")

#set ($description = 'What URL were you on? Who were you logged in as? Is there anything else about your environment that is important (Browser, Brows$

\

What did you expected it to do?

\

What did it actually do?

\

What are the detailed steps to recreate this behavior?

Step 1.')

#else

#set ($description = 'What area of the system would need to be change?

\

How to get to the area of the system?

\

What should the expected out come be?')

#end

So Basically if Project 1 or Project 2 isn't selected it would use the incident or service request provided but if it is, it would display differently
I know the 2 statements above are the same but this would be changed. I normally get a rendering issue which gives me this long script error
hash May 4, 2017

HI Alexey or  Brian,

Please help me that i did some mistake in announcement banner when iam closing comment tag.then my entire JIra is not working and i dont have database access  because it is actually owned by different company.

Please help me in any way that i can do other than running queries on database

alex,

i opened /secure/admin/EditAnnouncementBanner!default.jspa

after that Ctrl F announcement ...I got to see my code of announcement banner after that i tried editing through edit as html and then i dont know how to proceed and after that i pasted javascript&colon;void(document.forms['announcementbanner-edit'].submit());  in adress bar..Iam not getting anything..could you please help me...im worried 

0 votes
Deleted user September 21, 2014

It would help if the question (and answers) would mention that JIRA is the product where the announcement banner may be set. When searching for a solution for Confluence, this should not be found ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events