Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a customer to a Project

Alessandro Graf June 2, 2017

We added a customer to our Jira Service desk. Nevertheless for projects we feel more confortable to add a customer directly to a specific project rather thenraising tickets in the service desk.

I figured out, that I can add the Customer user with "@" in the comment box of the specific project. Customer is also getting e-mails when I comment the project but ones customer click on reply in the mail, he gets to the service desk portal rather than the specific project, were I mention the customer user with "@".

Looking forward for any valuable suggestions.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Hi Alessandro,

If I understand your request correctly you would like to add customers to the Service Desk Projects directly instead of having them use the portal.  The purpose of Service Desk is to have the customer use the portal and the agent respond to the request.  This would be the same functionality you see when you submit a ticket on the getsupport portal or via your instance.

You also stated you added them using an @mention.  An @mention does not actually add them to the project in the way that providing project permissions would which is why they're being re-directed to the portal when they attempt to reply to the notification they got.  In addition, if you add the customer to a project via Project permissions they will consume a license.  

Please review the permissions overview and the JIRA Service Desk FAQ to determine the best way to go forward for you and go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Alessandro Graf June 15, 2017

Good day Branden

Thank you for your reply. Actually for me it is not clear, that when you add customer to the service desk and when to the portal (e.g. Kanban).

Regards,

Alessandro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events