Active directory authentication

krasimir kosev January 10, 2012

Hello,

I have tried to integrate my current confluence installation with the Active Directory in the office. I was able to sync the accounts
as objects- they become visible and they were recognized as active directory objects. However when I tried to authenticate with
active directory credentials - then the confluence returned error that it is not able to find such account.
What could be the reason for that and is the active directory authentication possible?

BR
Krasimir

1 answer

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2012

Very much so, See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

You will need to specify at least one AD group to have 'use' permissions to Confluence as well.

Also, AD is not available in Ondemand as far as I know so update the tags on this question if you are actually referring to a behidn the firewall install (which it sounds like you are)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events