Access to on demand instance

Hailemichael Teklai July 23, 2014

A section of my company has their own on demand instances, but they need to access and edit our content. How can I add current JIRA users to our on demand instance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Hi Hailemichael,

Here's the document outlining importing OnDemand users: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Users

That said, you'll not have access to the backend (as your merging users from one OD instance to another) so we'll have to do it for you :)

If you'd raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.comletting the team know you'd like to have the user bases merged from one instance to another they should be able to fully export one user set and import it into your second OD instance. When creating that ticket please be sure to specify the target userbase you wish to copy and the destination OD instance you wish to copy to. Also note that your license will need to be large enough to accommodate all of the extra users in the destination instance.

Thanks!

Turner

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2014

Two OnDemand instances are separate systems. You'll need to manually duplicate the users from one system into the other.

Hailemichael Teklai July 23, 2014

Thanks is there any documentation I can read up on about instance and manually duplicating?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events