@mention a Group or Team - Questions for Confluence

AJ Tardio August 5, 2020

For the Questions for Confluence add on - It looks like you can only mention a specific user and not a Group or Team - is this in the roadmap to improve the functionality?

2 answers

0 votes
PHILIP LOIZIDES April 20, 2023

Hi, is Teams the same as groups?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

@PHILIP LOIZIDES Welcome to the Community.

Teams are a specific set of teammates in Confluence that can be mentioned on a page using the @ symbol.

Groups are a function of security and are used to assign privileges to a space or page.

I hope this helps.

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

Hi @AJ Tardio , 

It is possible to mention a Team in either Confluence or Jira, after you've set one up.

Here is the Atlassian documentation on Teams:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/teams-in-atlassian-products-976161199.html

I've used @ mentions successfully in our Cloud sites, as shown in the screenshot below. After typing "@" and starting to type the team name you're presented with a list of possible members or teams.  In this photo the Team name is "OIT Content & Communications". When you select a Team and insert it, the team name is shown followed by the names of people on the Team.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.30.44 AM.png

I hope this helps! Best wishes, Sharon

AJ Tardio August 5, 2020

But have you mentioned a Team in Questions for Confluence add on? That's what I'm specifically asking this question for. I've edited my question to specific that in more detail.

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2020

Oops! I was not clear about that, and haven't tried mentioning in Questions for Confluence. Thank you for clarifying! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events