how to get a page content body via velocity in a user macro?

Stefan Baader May 12, 2015

Using CONF 5.5.7 I want to get the content (body) of one specific page to show it on another page.
I dont want to use the include macro for permissions reasons. In a restricted space there is just one page that has to be shown in another public space. Secure-include macro doesn't work here. Maybe an issue with HTTPS.
The following user macro works fine to show the homepage of a specific space in another space's page:

#set($space = $spaceManager.getSpace("myKey") )
#set($homepage = $space.getHomePage() )
$homepage.getBodyAsString()

But how can I get the body of another specific page of that space? I can't find a method getPage(pageid) to use in my user macro.
Any idea?
Many thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

Hi Stefan,

This is what I did (note that it is not secure to let the user choose the page ID):

## @param PageToInclude:title=Page ID of page to include|type=string|required=true
#set ( $Long = $generalUtil.getSystemStartupTime() )
#set ( $pageId = $Long.parseLong($paramPageToInclude) )
#set ( $page = $pageManager.getPage($pageId) )
#set ( $pageContent = "Page not Found" )
#set ( $pageContent = $page.getBodyAsString() )
$pageContent
0 votes
Scott Selberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

My first thought is to put the original content in the public space, then use the include-page macro to have the content shown in the restricted space.

I dropped a couple of variations of the include macro into bitbucket a while back.  One is include-with-replacement, the other is a shared-block with and without replacement.  The shared block is much like the excerpt macro with the exception that you can have multiple blocks per page.  If for security reasons you want to have the macro limit access to just one page or some sort of rules, you could hard code that logic into the macros.

https://bitbucket.org/selberg/include-content

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events