Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

edit blocked: cannot access server

I created a page several weeks ago, did some additions and published them an hour or so ago, now I want to add some more texts (edit is possible) but then a message shows up: it cannot save the changes: cannot reach the server; Check internet connection and will retry to connect.

Internet connection is fine (otherwise I wouldn't be able to access the page anyway, right?) Retried several times but with same result....

2 answers

0 votes
Moses Thomas Community Leader Nov 05, 2019

@Willem Grooters  Check the text which you are trying to add Confluence does not accept some weird characters you copied somewhere.  Instead use the macros built in the Edit page panel.  This  should eventually solve your issue.

Best regards,

Mo.

Weird indeed. I edited the same page before and could publish without a problem. Just this time opening the edit panel showed this message. All sessions up to date were executed using Edge - which never caused trouble, until this time.

But I also read that Edge might be the problem and Firefox would work. So an hour later I tried that and that worked.

Re-accessing the page just now using Edge showed "unpublished edits", published it and now I could edit the file as before.

Weird, indeed.

Moses Thomas Community Leader Nov 05, 2019

@Willem Grooters  I suggest you verify that you have the supported version of Microsoft  edge. " Latest stable version supported"

Best regards,

Moses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

177 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you