What is the syntax to search several spaces that have the same space category?

Scott Selberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2014

Is there a way to create a search field that is bound to search within a space category?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Selberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

So, I think the answer is you can't.  I'm going to try and put a macro together that adds the space category tags to the page so I can then search for those tags.

Jennifer S April 15, 2015

Hi Scott, Did you ever have any luck figuring out how to do this? We are currently trying to figure out a way for our users to be able to search within a Space Category. Any insight you have is much appreciated, thanks!

1 vote
Scott Selberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2015

Hi,  So I packaged up the code that I'm using to add labels to pages into a plugin.  At present, I think it works but I've not fully tested it but it may meet your need.  I can only provide 'best-effort' support, but the source code is posted as well that can be used for self-support.

https://bitbucket.org/selberg/space-labels

Jennifer S April 17, 2015

Hi Scott - I will check into this thank you so much!!

0 votes
Scott Selberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2015

I did't find anything directly in Confluence.  My solution was to write a macro that adds the labels of the space home page (could easily be the space categories) to every page in the space.  Then I could search by the label.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events