What is the syntax to search several spaces that have the same space category?

Is there a way to create a search field that is bound to search within a space category?

3 answers

1 accepted

So, I think the answer is you can't.  I'm going to try and put a macro together that adds the space category tags to the page so I can then search for those tags.

Hi Scott, Did you ever have any luck figuring out how to do this? We are currently trying to figure out a way for our users to be able to search within a Space Category. Any insight you have is much appreciated, thanks!

Hi,  So I packaged up the code that I'm using to add labels to pages into a plugin.  At present, I think it works but I've not fully tested it but it may meet your need.  I can only provide 'best-effort' support, but the source code is posted as well that can be used for self-support.

https://bitbucket.org/selberg/space-labels

Hi Scott - I will check into this thank you so much!!

I did't find anything directly in Confluence.  My solution was to write a macro that adds the labels of the space home page (could easily be the space categories) to every page in the space.  Then I could search by the label.  

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

128 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you