Viewing page tree in edit mode

Deborah Shifflett May 15, 2021

When I'm editing a page, the page tree is not visible.   Is there a way to fix this so I can view both at the same time?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2021

@Deborah Shifflett 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. When you enter edit mode, the page goes full-screen to enhance the edit experience. 

Cheers

Ajay

Deborah Shifflett May 16, 2021

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.   At least I know there doesn't seem to be a "fix" for this.   Going full-screen may enhance the edit experience for some but not for me and my needs.   A responsive user experience would be if there was an option for the user to choose what view works best for them.

Again, thank you.

Like Jonathan Kolodner likes this
3 votes
Jonathan Kolodner April 15, 2022

I'm going to second Deborah's ask. I frequently need to see other document titles in the page tree while I'm working on the document I'm working on, so I would appreciate the ability to expand/collapse it even while in edit mode. This would increase the continuity of the navigation experience.

0 votes
Dan Algarin May 10, 2023

Really frustrating to see the standard "that's a feature, not a problem" response.  Of course, that has pretty much been the only response I have seen since we switched to Confluence Cloud and started hitting all of the shortcomings in Cloud.

+1 for viewing page tree in edit mode.  For the record, my editing experience has NOT been enhanced by losing the page tree. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events