Table of content macro not populating ???

Hi Guys,

I have created a new space in our wiki and created some pages but the table of content macro that is a built in as part of the space theme isn't showing a page tree or any method of navigation. Can anyone advise why this may be?

All other spaces in our wiki have the table of content as part of the default space theme template and they all showing a page tree which allow you to navigate around. I thought this would populate by default as pages are created for the space?

I am using the easy reader theme for this space but it dosent make any difference if I change this? Can anyone advise why this table of content macro isnt working for me?

Many thanks, Stewart

1 answer

The table of content macro is designed to use the headers size of text within the same page to display the contents of the current page. This macro will not include child pages.

I believe what you are look for is a macro call ‘Children Display’.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Children+Display+Macro

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,106 views 20 15
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you