Restricting questions to global space

Shilpa Kotiyan November 6, 2019

How do I restrict my "questions" option to appear only on the global space. Currently it appears on all my spaces and I have to manually go into each space to disable them. I only want questions in the global space . 

1 answer

0 votes
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Shilpa Kotiyan ,

Traverse to the Cog wheel >> General Configuration >> Question for Confluence (Left panel) >> Click on Permission as shown in the below screenshot.

You can restrict the question based on groups, create a group with list of users and then restrict based on your requirement.

comm_global permission.jpg

Thanks,
Manisha

Shilpa Kotiyan November 11, 2019

Hi Manisha, 

Thank you for your response. But I am not looking to restrict by users, rather how can I enforce that users create questions only in our global space. I am looking to build a knowledge base of questions for our group and am concerned that if I don't restrict them to one space they will be scattered across different spaces and some folks may not have permissions to all spaces. 

Thanks,

Shilpa

Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Shilpa Kotiyan ,

Thanks for sharing the exact scenario.

We have an open Atlassian ticket for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-51707

Thanks,
Manisha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events