Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset no longer working

PLESSY Laura September 9, 2020

Hello,

We're currently encountering an issue with our reset password option on our Server Confluence instance 7.5.1. 

Here is the error message users get when trying to reset their password (with local valid accounts, authorized by our whitelist): 'Your request could not be processed before a security token was not present in the request. You may need to resubmit the form and reload the page"

Even when reloading the page, cleaning the cache & cookies, users never receive en email from the system to rest the password.

I'm guessing this is an issue on Confluence cache's side. But which one should we flush...?

Could you please provide us with some guidance with this? This issue is currently impacting our clients and users who have accounts set locally...

Thanks,

Laura

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2020

@PLESSY Laura 

Can you start by asking that user to either flush their browser caches or try with a different browser because most likely this will be browser related. However, I also found this bug report related to the Confluence Linking plugin that appears to have exactly the same symptoms you are describing but I would expect this would affect all users: https://greenhouse.customware.net/jira/browse/LINK-214

If neither of these solutions resolve your issue then please open a ticket with Support, remembering to include a copy of your logs, and we will investigate this issue to see if we can find more pointers to what might be causing this behaviour.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events