Is there a way to move Confluence Questions between spaces?

Daniel Holmes March 21, 2018

I see that Questions can be asked in a space, but what if someone does not ask a question in the space that should own it?  Is there a way for a team that manages a space to move that question into a proper space where the question can be perhaps seen by a difference set of users or better curated as a knowledge base by the team owning the space?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauretha Rura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hey @Daniel Holmes,

You may use the *Ask in a Space*  option to move the question. But, to use it you'd then need to first edit the question itself as outlined on this post

(i) You will only be able to edit the question if you have the Space Admin permission to the Space where that question is located. The options for edit & delete will appear below the textbox of the question

Hope this helps :) 

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2018

Hi @Daniel Holmes,

when showing questions in a space - you're working with topics. You need Confluence Administrator permissions to delete and add topics to a question.

All you can do here is to push space managers to experts (see here) and give them permissions for changing -> see here!

Daniel Holmes March 22, 2018

I understand about topics and have admin permissions and explored that.  I'm asking more about spaces.  You can ask a question in a space which provides with a permission that "only people who can view the space can search for and see questions that were asked there. ".  Maybe it isn't possible, but I'm trying to determine if a question were to be asked in the wrong space (and thus not visible to the appropriate audience), how can I move it along with any answers that it may have to a different space where the permissions are more appropriate.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2018

Sorry - understood that totally wrong. I did not use the ask in a question opportunity yet. 

Daniel Holmes March 22, 2018

No problem.  Thanks for taking the time to read it and provide some info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events