How do we move a question from one space into another?

Andrei [errno] Community Champion Apr 30, 2015
  • re: new feature -> Space-specific questions
  • running Confluence Questions ver 2.0.10

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andrei,

As per verified on Updates and Release Notes, the option Ask in a space when you're editing an existing question can ve used to move questions to a space.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Hi Paula,

I can't see this option anymore. Is it still available?

Thanks,

Ana

Hello, 

I have the same issue as Ana. Screenshot below shows that there isn't an option to change the space of the question. 

Please assist. 

Atlassian.jpg

Ditto. New implementation and I need to move Questions to another Space but don't see any option to do so. Is this still available?

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey guys,

The option is still available (tested on the latest version of Confluence Questions plugin - 2.5.5). But to use it, you'd then need to first edit the question itself.

(i) You will only be able to edit the question if you have the Space Admin permission to the Space where that question is located. The options for edit & delete will appear below the textbox of the question

Hope this helps :) 

Hi Lauretha, don't see the option in edit for question even as a space admin.

Hi, I don't see it either, and we would need it in my organization.

Not seeing it.

I have the edit button, but not the option to change the space.

I am both a Space Admin AND I own the question itself.

I'm using Confluence Cloud. Does that make a difference?

Hi Lauretha. I'm the fourth reply. I am the overall admin for Confluence with access to everything for my site and even editing the Question does not offer an opportunity to move the Question. Can you please reply to us?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

240 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you