How to remove the "Powered by Atlassian" bar

I was wondering how the "Powered by Atlassian" bar at the bottom of the Confluence wiki could be removed? (I have attached an image along with.) I am using the cloud-hosted solution for this.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

powered.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Technically, if you're on Server, you can remove it by hacking the code.  But it's illegal for you to do this, you'd be breaching your licence contract.

On Cloud, no, Atlassian will not remove it.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the answer

0 votes

Hi Najeeb,

As Nic commented, it's illegal to remove the "Powered by Atlassian" because you'd break the User Agreement as it is stated in section 6.4 of the Atlassian Customer Agreement document.

Section 6.4

"In any use of the Software, you must include the following attribution to Atlassian on all user interfaces in the following format: “Powered by Atlassian,” which must in every case include a hyperlink to http://www.atlassian.com, and which must be in the same format as delivered in the Software." 

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

3,332 views 8 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you